Family Medicine Program Scholarly Activity
WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program offers plenty of opportunities to involve in research and scholarly activities. Our residents and faculty routinely present at local, regional, national, and, International forums. We had more than 30 such presentations by faculty and residents in the academic year 2019-2020. Residents work with faculty as a team and are groomed into the academic world at par with any big academic center in the country.
Scholarly Activity Honors & Awards
Best Poster at PAFP Annual Research Day 2019
Dr Salma Green & Dr Fauzan Ahmed
WellSpan Discovery Day: Outstanding Junior Investigator Award for Best Manuscript 2020
Dr Patrick, similar to Dr Truongson Nguyen 2019
WellSpan Discovery Day: Best Poster in Case Report Category, 2020
Dr Hobart Heath & Dr Alex Mathew, similar to Dr Namarig Soumit 2019
WellSpan Discovery Day: Best Plenary, 2020
Alliance of Independent Academic Medical Centers 2020
Dr Baughman’s project selected among the Top 5 highly rated submissions
PubMed Publication 2018-2020
- Waheed A, Rana MS, Rauf A, Green L, Green SM, Azhar E. Applicants' Interview Experience of Family Medicine Residency Match: Reflections from a Quality Improvement Initiative at a Community Hospital. Cureus. 2020 Oct 20;12(10):e11054. doi: 10.7759/cureus.11054. PMID: 33101791; PMCID: PMC7575312.
- Ahmed J, Rizwan T, Malik F, Akhter R, Malik M, Ahmad J, Khan AW, Chaudhary MA, Usman MS. COVID-19 and Liver Injury: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Cureus. 2020 Jul 27;12(7):e9424. doi: 10.7759/cureus.9424. PMID: 32864250; PMCID: PMC7450889.
- Ahmed J, Malik F, Bin Arif T, Majid Z, Chaudhary MA, Ahmad J, Malik M, Khan TM, Khalid M. Availability of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Among US and Pakistani Doctors in COVID-19 Pandemic. Cureus. 2020 Jun 10;12(6):e8550. doi: 10.7759/cureus.8550. PMID: 32670687; PMCID: PMC7357309.
- Waheed A, Nasir M, Azhar E. Development of a Culture of Scholarship: The Impact of a Structured Roadmap for Scholarly Activity in Family Medicine Residency Program. Cureus. 2020 Mar 1; 12(3):e7153
- Azhar E, Green L, Mohammadi S, Waheed A. Ruptured Right Broad Ligament Ectopic Pregnancy in a Patient With Prior Right Salpingo-Oophorectomy: A Case Report. Cureus. 2020;12(5):e8276.
- Azhar E, Nguyen T, Waheed A. Left Ovarian Vein Thrombosis Presenting as Acute Postpartum Pyelonephritis. Cureus. 2020 Feb 3;12(2):e6854
- Azhar E, Mohammadi SM, Ahmed FM, Waheed A. Extrapelvic endometrioma presenting as acute incarcerated right inguinal hernia in a postpartum patient. BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Sep 20;12(9).
- Nguyen M, Soumit N, Waheed A, Sees J, Azhar E. A Rare Case of Sclerosing Stromal Tumor of the Ovary Presenting in Pregnancy: A Diagnostic Dilemma on Presentation. Case Rep Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Dec 30;2019:3927971
- Sukhjeet Kamboj, MD, Abdul Waheed, MD, Michael Malone, MD, Tara Kennedy, MD, and Ayesha Abid, MD. Residents as Partners in the Creation, Implementation, and Evaluation of a Regional CME Course: An Innovative Way to Foster Residents’ Academic Development STFM Messenger Education Column August 2011
- Samiullah S, Malone M, Waheed A. Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders: Approach to Patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders. FP Essent. 2018 Mar; 466:11-13
- Malone M, Waheed A, Samiullah S. Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders: Functional Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders in Adults. FP Essent. 2018 Mar; 466:14-20
- M, Waheed A, Samiullah S. Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders: Functional Lower Gastrointestinal Disorders in Adults. FP Essent. 2018 Mar; 466:21-28
- Waheed A, Malone M, Samiullah S. Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders: Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children. FP Essent. 2018 Mar; 466:29-35
- Shaikh F, Inayat F, Awan O, Santos MD, Choudhry AM, Waheed A, et al. (August 10, 2017) Computer-Assisted Learning Applications in Health Educational Informatics: A Review. Cureus 2018 Aug 9(8): e1559. DOI 10.7759/cureus.1559