WellSpan Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) has a proud tradition of training Family Medicine Physicians spanning over 3 decades. Our family medicine residents are the only residents in the hospital. This allows for our residents to take ownership of patients in their own clinic as well as other subspecialties where they rotate.
- We are dually accredited by the ACGME for allopathic and osteopathic education.
- We are a 7-7-7 program (with a total complement of 21 residents)
- The program’s teaching faculty is diverse and experienced. Proudly, we have a high number of national and international publications for a community program.
- Unique longitudinal curriculum with a teams-based, clinic-first model. Our schedule prioritizes outpatient clinic presence with consistent and predictable schedules, continuity of team-based community medicine, and resident autonomy.
- WellSpan GSH provides exceptional exposure to a diverse patient population. Our training sites serve both socially and medically complex populations in rural and urban settings, allowing for the training of versatile physicians.
- The combination of WellSpan’s competitive benefits package alongside the low cost of living in Lebanon, PA provides a high-value resident compensation.