The curriculum for global health education is being standardized to provide core content topic reviews in Global Health and a longitudinal curriculum that provides educational growth over the two years for residents. Requirements are general and thus applicable to the wide range of specialties and experiences in which residents participate.
- Residents will be involved in global health experiences to expand and facilitate a broader understanding of the clinical knowledge, administrative expertise for planning of and development on a global health experience, and other skills needed to translate global health work into meaningful clinical, teaching and learning experiences. The basic curriculum covers poverty, infectious disease, maternal child health, non-communicable disease and essentials of public health.
To apply, complete this application form and submit to Nancy Nagib, MD at firstname.lastname@example.org by the appropriate deadline:
- Three-year residency deadline: Aug 31 of second year
- Four-year residency deadline: Aug 31 of thrid year
- Five-year residency deadline: Aug 31 of fourrth year
- 1) Attendance of global health seminars (at least 50%), which typically occur once monthly in the evening at 5:45 pm.
- 2) completion of a global health elective, which is a cross-cultural experience that can occur locally or abroad
- 3) an additional cross-cultural experience or attendance of a major global health conference.
- 4) scholarly activity for each cross-cultural experience
- 5) a journal club presentation of a global health topic
- Available only to those residents who have been accepted into the track. To apply for a scholarship, complete this scholarship application and submit a minimum of thirty days before your trip. There are two requirements to receive a scholarship. The first requirement must be met prior to trip departure and is the completion of the Johns Hopkins Global Health Ethics Modules, which are available online. The second requirement is completion of a scholarly activity after your return. Examples inclue: a case report be submitted for Resident Research Day or a Grand Round Presentation.
Travel forms are required for approval prior to your departure. Keep record of your expenses, and submit an expense form after your trip. It can take up to 120 days for reimbursement after the expense form is submitted.